Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Fans of Old Crow Medicine Show ...

Michael here (Debbie's erudite son) and I thought I'd share something with you. When mom mentioned Aliza it made me think of this song I've been listening to, Liza by a little known band called the Wrinkle Neck Mules.

You really need to check these guys out. If you're into Old Crow, you should dig them. They're what you'd call alternative-country I suppose, and are a really cool bunch of guys. Sometimes twangy, sometimes bluegrassy, sometimes honky-tonk, so ... all you could really ask for.

If you watch TV, you may have incidentally heard them. There is a Geico commercial with a band playing in the background, and it happens to be the Mules (that's how I discovered them). Just to show you how cool they are, I wanted to learn the song "Central Daylight Time" on guitar, so I sent them an email, and they emailed me the chords four hours later.

You can get that song for free here and when you're done with that give Liza (below) a listen. It's beautiful (but creepy if you pay attention).



pax, amor et muli

No comments:

Post a Comment